Monday, January 19, 2009

Sick is Sucky!


Ok, this is going to be just a bunch of whining and complaining, so if you aren't up for that just stop reading now. We have been sick at out house for the past few days and I am about to the breaking point. Leland has had a runny nose for a long time, but over the past few days has gotten a fever and just started acting like he feels crappy. Saturday afternoon Manessa got a fever and became miserable and I got sick to my stomach and now have a fever and head cold. Ammon has been fine so far and Daddy (Mike has been okay, just a few tummy troubles.) My problem is this. I feel bad for my poor little babies and how miserable they are, but at the same time I feel like crap and so my patience is not very high. Manessa and Leland are both wanting to be held all of the time, but they don't want the other one touching them. So here I am covered in boogers, my house is thrashed, and everyone just keeps crying and complaining. I know that this is just part of the whole Motherhood Package, but I just needed to vent here a little. Maybe get a few moments of pitty. Ammon took this picture of me on the couch the other night when both of the little ones fell asleep on top of me.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

oh man! on the bright side, ammon does a real nice job framing the camera. and you could probably bribe him with candy to start doing dishes or something. annnnddd... maybe if you're sick michael doesn't want to be around so at least you won't be in a fight with him. SEE, I can think of all kinds of good things that could come of this!

Good luck. Honestly, glad it's you and not me. :)

Natalia from Piece N Quilt said...

I like your coupon advice. Let me know if you know any more secrets:)

Becky said...

Oh Sicky!!!!!!! I am so sorry! Being sick is awful and then having a sick family, too is the worst!!! You can't take care of yourself because you have to take care of them!
The picture was quite good. Ammon could be a photographer!
I hope that we weren't contageous from us last week! I hope you didn't cath is from us over the internet!!!
Love you tons! Feel better and watch for ear infections! That was the last step for Emma!

Megan S. Coxson said...

Ammon is a great little photographer, from the framing to capturing the moment too. Your expression explains it all. I'm so sorry you guys have been so sick though. I sure hope you all get feeling better soon.

Bybee's said...

I thought that super mom's don't get sick lol I'm so sorry your sick its hard to have sick baby's but even worse when your sick your in my prays

Cole and Kimala said...

I just read your comment on Shyanne's blog... I have to agree with the ice packs. My feet were always hot, especially at night. I slept with a bag of ice or an ice pack nearly every night towards the end... and Dawsyn was born in March. FUNNY.
Good to see your cute family. My how things change and we all grow up!!