Thursday, July 10, 2008

Scissors!


Well the inevitable finally happened.  Manessa got ahold of the scissors and cut her own hair.  I know that it is something that almost every family experiences at least once.  I must say that I think I handled it pretty well though.  There was no yelling or scolding, and definitely no saying that this would make her ugly.  I have seen and heard of too many times when girls associate their hair with their self worth and I am trying to keep that from happening to my girl.

4 comments:

TJ and Whitnee said...

That is too funny! When i was little I constantly cut my own hair. It got to the point that I had a mullet because i could only cut the front, and then the back was long!

Natalia from Piece N Quilt said...

I remember cutting my hair too! Oh well... at least it grows back:)

Becky said...

Oh hair,
Some people think that is all that makes them pretty. Nah, give it a good cut every once in a while and just enjoy it!

Lynn and Priscilla's family said...

Too cute and funny! I remember when you did that once! Your kids are so cute...it's fun to see the resemblance in you and your kids.