Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Grandma's 89th Birthday Party








Here are a bunch of the pictures from Grandma DeLange's 89th Birthday Party. The kids and I went down on March 28th (her birthday that happened to be a Saturday.) She was very tired and kept falling asleep on us. But she looked GREAT. (Very skinny, but fairly coherent.) I haven't let my kids see her too much lately because there have been times when she is just not herself and I don't want them to remember her in a bad way. I love my grandma so much! I was so blessed to be able to grow up right down the street from her. More then half of my childhood memories are of her or her house. It makes me so sad to see her so frail. One day she will get to go Home to Grandpa. I love you Grandma!

7 comments:

Deanna said...

How special! I'm glad you had a good time with her.

jeniharb said...

you came down and didn't call me???? you crazy lady I would have came to see you it's not like centerfield is very far from me... i am so sad that i didn't get to see you and your cute little kids :( i am crying now...... ;(

Sherry said...

Grandma looks so frail. I don't ever remember her like that. It makes me sad, but i'm glad your kids are getting to know her. you know, before she goes home.

Blackburns said...

Your post brought tears to my eyes. It's hard to see your grandparents that you love so much go through these last days/yrs of their lives. I see my two grandmas and it is very hard. I watched my grandpa Nielson get old and forgetful and that hurts. I just love your grandma and grandpa. I have lots of memories of your grandpa Leland. When I was a little girl and I would go up to the Merc and he always called me "Yellow Bird" because of my yellow coat and would always give me a quarter for a treat. I remember going to their basement for primary. I think it was primary when our church was being built. Anyways, it's hard to see then change and pass on. I love your post.

Blackburns said...

Angela, That last post was from Emily Talbot Blackburn. I forgot that it doesn't say my first name.

Emily

Shy said...

I miss Grandma LaBeth! Even though she isn't my grandma, she was everyone's grandma! She looks so different, but I will always remember the sweet and somewhat sassy woman from my childhood!

Becky said...

What an awesome blessing to be so close to your Grandmother! I am jealous!
And I am glad that your kids get to see her some! They will thank you later for that!
PS Your kids are so cute!
PPS WE MISS YOU!!!!!